Wednesday, January 23, 2013

All About ME!



My name is Cassandra, I am a kindergarten teacher, and this is my first blog ever. I am not very knowledgeable about computers, creating websites, or using other technologies the Internet has to offer. I am re-starting my Master's program at  USJ and hope this course will help me learn new things about the computer and how to implement these exciting interactive ideas into my classroom curriculum. (That was my first hyper-link!) Since you have decided to read my blog, it is only fair I share a little about myself.... I took some time away from my Master to focus on some personal things.... I GOT MARRIED!



SOLD!
 We just moved into our new home in Glastonbury, CT and we spent several months renovating the entire house! I have found a love for decorating and design that I never knew I had. HGTV is constantly on our television, luckily it is an easy compromise. Cousins on Call is my favorite must-DVR show, I highly recommend it! 

 
The weekends that aren't spent at Home Depot we travel to our Vermont house. My husband has taught me, very patiently, how to ski. This has brought a new love for the winter season that I've never had before.  I grew up down South and use to run inside at the sight of the first snow flake. Now I love spending the cold weekends with friends atop snow covered mountains.

Last year I checked off an item on my bucket-list, run a half-marathon! I have caught the "running bug" and can't wait to get home after a long day of teaching and clear my mind outside in the fresh air. My best friend and I have decided to train together to help motivate each other. We are currently signed up for a 5k in March to support Sandy Hook and the Rock &Roll Marathon at Virginia Beach in September. 

Since jumping back into my Masters work, my husband has picked up some extra house chores. I can smell dinner cooking (surprisingly no burnt smells) so I will end my post here. Have a great night!

Have you checked off any items on your bucket-list?     

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cassandra,

    Well, one good turn deserves another, so I will post to your blog as you have graciously posted to mine!

    Congrats on your marriage -- sounds like your guy is a good catch, what with cooking dinner and teaching you to ski. I heard a joke once about Southerners responding to the question "Do you want to go skiing?" with "Who has a boat?" When in Rome...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cassandra,

    Running is a good addiction as long as you don't over pace yourself. Trust me, I know. I have competed in 5 marathons. For the last one, I trained with the Hartford Track Club, and over did it. I ended up with an Achilles Heel pull, but did complete the marathon. After that experience, I stopped training for marathons, and now just run for fun. I find running relaxing. Seems you have lots of new adventures starting in your life now. Best wishes with all of them.

    J.Arzt

    ReplyDelete