Monday, April 22, 2013

Little Literacy Learners

So I decided to try and create a mini website for my kindergarteners to use. As mentioned before, there are no computers in my classroom- so I try to bring in my iPad as much as possible. Check out what I am attempting to create....

                                                         Little Literacy Learners

So, after I begn creating this site I ran into another site that does just what I want- and even better. Here;s the link to that site. This site has games, stories, songs for all ages and grade levels. Tons of digital stories for commonly used books as well. KinderSite

5 comments:

  1. The KinderSite is very awesome, but I like what you were attempting with your own as well. I think you have good ideas about what you want for your students and what would be fun as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. I assume that your students might need their parents help navigating onto the site and with using it but it is a great way to get them in the habit of learning digitally at a very young age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassandra, I was in a similar situation to you last year. I worked in a private school setting, with minimal access to technology. I finally secured Internet access in the classroom, and was then faced with the daunting task of locating purposeful websites for my students to access during computer time, and then finding the time to model appropriate use. I like the idea of creating a simple website to safely house a variety of tools for my students to navigate at school and at home. If students have access to computers at home, these activities might be the perfect way to reinforce those important math and literacy skills

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Kinder site looks awesome, but I think yours looks great too. It's really cute, and easy to navigate. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that your site is simple and straight forward. Students will be able to navigate this with parental help (or even help from an older sibling). Like Andrea, I struggle with finding sites that are meaningful to the students so I like that your site houses some of your tools and that it serves as a way of monitoring their access to material. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete