Thursday, April 18, 2013

Weebly Stage 1

So I had alot of trouble thinking of how to implement a weebly at my school. I thought about how I could do it with my kindergarteners, but there is a huge road block....
THERE ARE NO COMPUTERS IN MY CLASSROOM. We do not even have a computer lab. Also, not all my students have computers at home, so I would not want to make it an at-home project because everyone could not participate.
I know... it's awful. I have had to bring in my own iPAD and laptop to show my students the Animoto and digital story I created.
So, I thought of another idea... I will create a weebly for our PTIC committe (parent teacher involvement). I am in charge of emailing PTIC members to organize meetings and events. Wouldn't it be much easier to hae a website they can go to, get information, and share their own ideas for events and school activities.
My weebly has JUST been created... But I'd love advice on how to format it, especially since this is my first weebly. Let me know your thoughts/suggestions..... Thanks!      Mount Olive PTIC Website

5 comments:

  1. Cassandra, this is a perfect platform for your website. And, I cannot imagine having absolutely no access to computers...presents quite a problem! Any chance you can share your link again? It looks like you have it set to private, so I can't access it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cassie,

    I can't access the site either. I think your idea is great! It should definitely increase/improve communication between educators and parents. I can't believe not having any computers in a classroom! Hopefully in the near future there will be computers in your school, but at least you are able to use your own for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I fixed it, you were right- I didn't publish it yet. Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea for a website to communicate with parents. You have a good start here. Keep playing around with how Weebly works and the information you want on the site. You can get ideas from exploring other sites created with Weebly. See the ones in the Diigo List marked Weebly. If your school has a logo, you might want to find out about using it on your site. Another idea is to use actual photos of the school and classrooms and use those instead of relying on clip art, though some clip art might be fine. These photos need not include students, but the photos can give parents a feel of the school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for re-posting the link, Cassandra! I like that the information is easily accessible by the top four tabs. Your website has a very clean, streamlined approach that this organized girl appreciates, and I can anticipate that parents will too!

    ReplyDelete