Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Diigo... Where'd You Go?


I have been having problems with Diigo. In the beginning it was easy (isn't it always?). With a few simple steps, I was able to add Diigo to my toolbar. I clicked away, adding sites here and there. I especially liked blogs created by fellow kindergarten teachers. I continued for about two weeks. Then, while reviewing Diigo in my EDUC519 course, I realized I had been doing it wrong. I had been clicking the Diigo button when I was on a site I liked. But I was unaware of the following steps regarding labeling and saving.....All of my sites were gone... or never there to begin with.


So, here is my new Diigo account. It is slowly growing again. Hopefully it will help out teachers who are looking to find more creative ideas for their classrooms, or in search of educational information. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Cassandra, I too had some issues with Diigo early on although, thankfully, I didn't lose it as you did. I guess it's a function of me being rather low-tech. Good luck building up your library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably have your bookmarks all marked as private. None are visible when using the link in your blog post. Be sure to check off public when you want a bookmark to be visible to others. Next time you bookmark, note the box to check public or private. For now, you can edit the ones you have and change those that should be public to public. The link in this blog post will still work, and all those bookmarks marked public will be viewable. Glad we have an early checkpoint for this project because you still have time to figure out the steps so they become automatic pilot. Also, be sure to use the tagging features.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize how great Diigo was until my computer crashed! Now I have all my bookmarks ready to use and accessible on all my friends computers. It's a good thing you figured it out because it will save you one day!

    ReplyDelete