Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Digital Day

I am creating a digital story for my classroom. I wanted to make something that could be used more than once, so I decided on
 " A Day in the Life of a Mount Olive     Kindergartener." 
 I can use this digital story during orientation for the parents and then during the first days of school for the students. It can also be edited to update pictures and present again at the end of the year for graduation. 

A few slides need to be added. It is missing slides for the classroom door, name cards, math, guided reading, read aloud, parent pick up, and a goodbye slide.

                                        It's almost complete!  Check out what I have so far:


5 comments:

  1. Cassanda, it seems that I can't see the video. An error message keeps popping up. Would love to take a peak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea for a digital story! I'm sure your students loved being the stars of your video as well. I though that the speed was great for kindergarten students. You voice was very clear as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea of featuring your students makes the story much ore authentic. I can certainly see this being used each year as sort of an "orientation" for the new parents and families. I really enjoyed watching your production.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the statements above. This is a great idea for a digital story, I'm sure it will be engaging to both parents and current and future students. Are you planning on adding background music? I think that would have a nice effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I tried my best to add background music. The program I used to create it- Windows Movie Maker- would not let me add 2 audio tracks. So, I played the music in the background as I recorded my narration. It's not perfect, but it did make it better overall.

      Delete