Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Animoto's Making Me Cry!

I came across an Animoto that brought tears to my eyes. It inspired me to develop another great Animoto for my classroom (after I finish my first one of course)!

I would love to have my kindergarten students write sentences about their grandparents, choosing one grandparent, or as many as they would like. Possibly using sentence starters like:
My grandma is funny when _________________.
My favorite place to go with my grandfather is _______________.
My grandmother's favorite food is___________.

For the photographs, I think I would have a classroom throw-away camera that I would make available for students to take home. Or have parents email me the pictures.
What an amazing keep sake this would be for them to reflect upon as they get older! I want to make one myslef with my Grandma.

My Grandma and her twin sister just turned 85. She has recently ditched the New England weather and is living it up in Curacao for the next 2 months. You go Grandma!

4 comments:

  1. Cassie,

    This sounds so nice! Which Animoto video is it that you're referring to here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie,

    Never mind! I just realized you had created a hyperlink to this animoto. I'm going to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great use of Animoto to celebrate a wonderful school activity and then to share it with the grandparents and others. I wonder how many schools have Grandparents Day. Think I might share this Animoto on my blog to continue to spread the power of this tool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would also be a great idea for Mother's Day and Father's Day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete